Absolut 2009

Registration Status: 15 / 28 places filled. (waiting list not available yet)


11.4.07

Testimonial 2 - Seow Wenqi

Posted by Gao Zi

Thank you very much!

It is quite some time since the Absolut camp has ended. Frankly speaking, I did not attend many camps in my undergraduate days. The first one was my Mentoring Camp, which I thought was the best. Then, my friend asked me if I wanted to join Absolut Emerge, a self-awareness camp organized by SWAPS (Society of Social Work and Psychology Students) at that point in time. We decided to go for it since it was already our last year and we wanted to graduate and leave NUS with some fond memories. I am glad I joined this camp in the end, and had the chance to know some new friends as well.

Generally, I thought it was a well-planned camp. I liked the sharing sessions that we had as a group, where we gave one another our opinions and made our thoughts known. The little debrief sessions after each activity were also very useful. It was really a get-to-know-yourself-better camp, like its clearly-stated objective. I didn’t know camps could be so interesting. Even though I might have done similar activities back in my mentoring camp, the feel I had was different for Absolut camp. Perhaps it was the people at the camp – my group members, my facilitators. My friends from Mentoring did comment that I somehow had a positive change in my mindset/perspectives towards life and people, after I had returned from Absolut camp. I guess that was the best compliment I have received from them. I am quite a stubborn person by nature, unwilling to budge or change. Thus, upon hearing that compliment, I realized that I might have changed slightly for the better.

I can’t say it is life changing but I would really like to thank the organizing camp committee of Absolut camp for their hard work and great effort in helping campers like me with self-discovery. I am thankful to have crossed the paths of my fellow group members and have got to known you people. Thank you!

-Seow Wenqi, Camper of Absolut Emerge
Psychology Major, Graduating Class of 04/05

0 comments: